Innovation Norway’s New York office is looking for an experienced, highly-motivated, digitally savvy Travel Trade Specialist that is genuinely interested in creating increased value for the Norwegian travel industry by attracting the right operators to produce new/more tour programs to Norway and inspire and educate travel agents to choose Norway as the ideal destination for their clients. If you are creative, LOVE working with people, have extensive experience from the travel industry, have a sale and go-get-it attitude that provokes the travel trade industry to act, then this is the job for you!
The New York office is responsible for the execution of tourism and marketing related activities in North America, and currently consists of three full time employees that actively covers consumer marketing, press & travel trade related activities. The office is located on Manhattan, and the new candidate is expected to work out of this office.
This position is based on the need to inform, educate, and inspire the North American travel industry to produce more tours and programs to Norway, in accordance with Norway’s overall strategic vision and action plan. The position entails the candidate to actively work with the North American travel trade in close cooperation with the Director, the New York and global VisitNorway team.
- Planning & execution of all travel trade related campaigns, projects and activities, in close cooperation with the New York team and according to overall strategic goals and directions
- Create effective lead generation strategies and utilize data insights, industry knowledge and networks to further strengthen and expand the knowledge and interest for Norwegian travel products among the North American travel industry
- Create effective and targeted outreach campaigns, projects and activities that helps the Norwegian travel industry grow their North American sales and increase their portfolio of potential clients
- Produce all analytical reports and data structures that drive actionable insights and demonstrates the success or necessary improvements to any given travel trade projects, activities or campaigns across all platforms and channels
- Manage VisitNorwayUSA travel trade website pages, content for travel trade news, Norway Expert Educational program, and all other travel trade communication channels to ensure business accuracy is kept up-to-date and relevant for all prioritized segments
- Utilize existing brand and strategic guidelines for travel trade promotions and communication to secure a strong unified voice for Brand Norway through all digital and non-digital channels, and liaise with global travel trade teams to ensure brand consistency and targeted actions
- Project management with organization of resources, budgets and action plans
- Customer care via regular contact with clients and partners
- Day-to-day interaction and reporting to the Director
- Relevant and proven experience working within the travel industry and minimum of 5 years of experience working with the travel trade (preferably the North American travel trade)
- Strong digital communication skills, and experience handling digital analytics and reporting platforms
- Excellent project management skills
- An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (especially in English)
- Self-starter with a “do it” attitude with a focus on creating results, new learning and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Analytical, creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to a continuously changing global environment
- Bachelor or preferably master’s degree in Tourism Management, Marketing, Communication, or similar
- Exciting and challenging tasks and assignment
- Good opportunities for personal and career developments
- Engaged and motivated colleagues
- Global environment
This position will require some travel, both in North America and in Norway.
Candidates will be expected to apply and/or maintain his/her work permit.
Any questions or request for information can be directed to Director, New York Hege V. Barnes – firstname.lastname@example.org