We are looking for a passionate and efficient team member within our Visit Norway assignment on the French market.
Building competence on, and creating interest for, the French market within the Norwegian travel industry is an important part of our assignment. Further we strive to be an important tool for increased tourism related export and Norwegian value creation by ensuring a high interest in, and preference for, Norway as a travel destination in France. The Market Specialist is central regarding the office’s portfolio within travel and tourism.
Role and responsibilities
The Market Specialist is the main point of connection between the French market, the head office Visit Norway team and the Norwegian tourism industry. He / she is to work both strategically and operationally to develop Norway’s position as a travel destination on the French market. Specifically, it will be your responsibility to:
- Have a total overview and a coordinating role in all Visit Norway activities carried out in the market and ensure that these are according to overall Visit Norway strategies.
- Identify and exploit synergies with other ongoing activities in the office.
- Monitor the market and identify consumer and industry trends relevant for business development locally or in Norway
- Identify market opportunities for the Norwegian Travel industry and play a key role in supporting the development and implementation of their tourism related export priorities.
- Ensure a good and up-to-date overview of relevant media, influencers and communication channels as well as monitoring change and development in the local travel industry
- Proactively engage to identify and promote market opportunities and effectively build strong relationships with key partners nationally and internationally
- Actively contribute to driving a culture of collaboration and high performance empowering Norwegian tourism businesses in existing and future prioritised segments
- Provide market updates; collecting and leveraging data and communicate relevant information
- Implement and report on marketing campaigns and other promotional activities with local and Norwegian partners.
The successful candidate must have:
- University degree within marketing and /or tourism with strong results
- Significant understanding of the tourism industry in France and Norway and evidence of the ability to deliver impact within allocated budgets.
- Solid digital marketing competence within the B2C segment as well as an understanding of how emotional and functional need trigger different market segments
- International working experience and a personal reputation of high standard among professionals
- Minimum 3 years of experience from the tourism business in France or Norway.
- Fluency in French and a minimum of good written and spoken Norwegian/Scandinavian language and English
Desired personal skills:
- The successful candidate will be a result driven individual encouraging high levels of performance to deliver impact
- Strong communicator and a credible relations and network builder
- Is a dedicated team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and convey strategic advice to Norwegian travel industry partners in a credible and practical manner
- Flexible – there is travelling involved in this role, the successful candidate will be required to travel within Norway and France.
This is a local position with French employment terms and conditions.
Contact office manager, Tove Eliassen, for further questions. Mobile phone: +33 6 08 25 07 38